Summer & Break Programs
UPDATES FOR 2017-2018 COMING SOON!
Browse through the full list of programs offered by Georgia Southern.
Please visit the Study Abroad Resource Room (Forest Drive Building, 1316) or visit our Student Resources page for any additional information about applications, costs, credits, and scholarship opportunities.
Georgia Southern University helps faculty build and develop summer study abroad programs around the world in a variety of academic fields. Courses on these programs are taught by Georgia Southern faculty in English.
- Belize (International Studies)
- China (History & Literature)
- Costa Rica (Nursing)
- Czech Republic & Germany (Business)
- Ecuador: Biological Field Experience (Biology)
- Germany (Mechanical Engineering)
- Ghana (Public Health)
- India (Public Health)
- Ireland (Literature & Religious Studies)
- Italy: Rome (History & Literature)
- Italy: Lucca (Geography/Geology & Writing)
- Japan (Animation & Theatre)
- Panama (Business)
- Romania (Physics & Astronomy)
- Switzerland: Athropod Research (Biology)
- Trinidad & Tobago (International Studies)
Language Immersion Programs
Georgia Southern University offers summer intensive language programs abroad to complement its on-campus offerings. Students at all levels of language – from beginning to advanced – are encouraged to participate on these programs.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (Spanish)
- Lyon, France (French)
- Bamberg, Germany (German)
- Merida, Mexico (Spanish)
- Rabat, Morocco (Arabic)
- Seville, Spain (Spanish)
- Kyoto, Japan (Japanese)
The European Council of the University System of Georgia sponsors large, multi-disciplinary summer study programs for students in popular locations in Europe, including St. Petersburg, Berlin, Madrid, Paris, Waterford, and London.
In courses taught largely by faculty from Georgia colleges and universities, students blend classroom experiences with group and individual travel as they earn academic credit at their home institutions. This is a consortium among University System of Georgia schools. Valdosta State administers the application and payment logistics, but students from Georgia Southern do NOT attend the program as transient students.
- England (London)
- France (Paris)
- Germany (Berlin)
- Ireland (Waterford)
- Russia (St. Petersburg)
- Scotland (Edinburgh)
- Spain (Madrid)
Last updated: 9/6/2017