Apply to Honors
Engage in Undergraduate Research
Picture yourself publishing your work or presenting research findings on the national stage. While you begin your studies in an honors freshman seminar and honors sections of introductory courses, the Honors Program also provides you with both the challenge and support as you complete your Honors Thesis, a substantial research project mentored by a professor in your field of study.
- Small honors classes taught by dedicated professors
- Requirements account for students with dual enrollment or AP credit
- Faculty-mentored research
Join a Community of Scholars
A college education begins in the classroom, but it does not end there. Experiential and service-learning activities will engage you in meaningful opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Our community of scholars includes a diverse population who share a common commitment to academic excellence.
- Experiential Learning opportunities
- Living Learning Community dedicated to freshman success
- Honors student organizations to facilitate involvement
Graduate with Distinction
Your experience in the Honors Program will set you up for success. The honors diploma you will earn shows that you have taken a more challenging and intentional path through college. You will join other honors alumni in attending the best graduate schools and in achieving rewarding careers.
- Demonstrate to employers your initiative and abilities
- Build your profile of service and engagement
- Develop a habit of asking questions and finding solutions
One Honors Program – Two Great Campuses
To be a student in the University Honors Program at Georgia Southern is to be immersed in the inquiry and creativity found in a community of scholars dedicated to research and a lifetime of learning. On both the Armstrong and Statesboro campuses, we have a long tradition of helping outstanding students achieve academic success.
To apply, follow the appropriate links:
Last updated: 2/12/2018