Student Learning Outcomes
The following FYE 1220 outcomes will begin summer 2018. For spring 2018 outcomes, click this link.
Students will . . .
- Develop and apply information literacy skills in academic and non-academic contexts by:
- Determining the nature and extent of information needed to answer a question, explore a topic, solve a problem, and/or complete a project.
- Identifying and accessing sources for their informational need.
- Critically evaluating information for its currency, relevancy, authority, accuracy, and purpose.
- Applying ethical standards in their use of information.
- Engage with their degree program, campus resources, and community by:
- Researching their major (or potential major) and evaluating the extent to which degree expectations align with their personal goals.
- Reflecting upon how campus engagement helps them reach goals and/or overcome personal challenges.
- Examining the effectiveness of their communication and interactions with members of the university community.
Last updated: 3/22/2018