Teaching FYE 1220: First-Year Seminar
Upcoming dates for Fall 2017 faculty:
- April 14 and April 20: FYE 1220 Faculty Symposium: For new and veteran faculty
- May 8: Folio customization survey sent to returning faculty. If you are returning FYE 1220 faculty member, you’ll receive a survey that asks what content – from the FYE template OR any of your other FYE 1220 courses – you want visible to students. FYE will drop that content in your fall course, so all you have to do is upload your syllabus and activate the course. For more information, contact Alicia Spence at email@example.com
- May 15: The “Faculty Resources to Teach FYE 1220” section of this webpage page updated (includes sample syllabi, lesson plans, etc.). See below.
- June 1: Academic advisor request form sent to faculty
- August 1: Deadline for returning faculty to submit Folio customization survey; deadline for faculty teaching extended orientation to request academic advisor.
Faculty Resources to Teach FYE 1220
The resources below were developed primarily for the 2016-2017 year. Check back in late spring and over the summer for revisions for Fall 2017.
General Information & Logistics
Any questions should be directed to Chris Caplinger, director of First-Year Experience (478-1456 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alicia Spence, assistant director, at 478-2327 or email@example.com.
Last updated: 4/12/2017