Electronic Thesis and Dissertation
How do I begin?
- Create an ETD Account
- Using a word processing software of your choice, write your thesis or dissertation following the College of Graduate Studies' Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines. See ETD Guidelines on the formatting page. Be sure to read the guidelines manual, . You may use the ETD Thesis or Dissertation template if appropriate for your program.
- You must name your file document in a specific way. See the FAQ page.
- Convert your document into a single file in the Portable Document Format (PDF). See PDF Tutorial page
- Submit the PDF file for format checking by the format submission deadline. See submission page. Remember to name it correctly!
- If formatting errors are found in your document, you must make all corrections in your word processor files, not the PDF file, before submitting your final document.
- Before submitting your final document, contact your committee members and ask them if they wish to review it before your final submission. If any or all of your committee members choose to review the corrected document before the final submission, you must send them a copy of the ETD as an electronic file attachment to an email; or deliver the file to them on a disk; or send them a paper copy, whichever they request. If the committee member(s) require additional changes, the changes must be made before the final submission to the College of Graduate Studies.
- ETD Release Option Form - If the completed ETD Release Option Form is not received in the College of Graduate Studies by the graduation term Final Submission Deadline, Release Option #1 will automatically be selected.
P.O. Box 8008
Georgia Southern University
Statesboro, Georgia 30460-8008