The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) supports faculty and graduate teaching assistants (GTAs) in realizing their potential as educators and scholars committed to teaching excellence and fosters a culture of teaching at Georgia Southern University by bringing together a community of educators to learn from and with each other.
CTL fulfills its mission by:
- Offering tailored programming grounded in educational research and promoting a scholarly approach to teaching,
- Consulting with faculty and GTAs regarding specific pedagogical strategies, assessment tools, and implementation of instructional technologies,
- Assisting faculty and TAs with the collection of feedback on teaching through classroom observations, student focus groups, and surveys,
- Recognizing pedagogical innovation and excellence,
- Supporting Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) activities at Georgia Southern.
Last updated: 6/6/2016