Events and Programs
The Center for Teaching and Learning offers a variety of workshops and events to support faculty and Graduate Teaching Assistants in their growth as an instructor as well to guide their professional development.
*Register Here for Events*
Events and Programs
(please click on each title for more information about these events)
- February 13, 20, 27, March 6, 20, April 3, 17; 9:30-12:00 p.m. – STATESBORO: Blended Course Design Institute
- February 16; 2:30-4:00 p.m – STATESBORO: Teaching Toolbox – Designing for Academic Integrity
- February 21; 9:30-11:00 a.m. – STATESBORO: Teaching Toolbox – Qualitative & Quantitative SoTL Methodologies
- February 22; 12:00-1:30 p.m. – STATESBORO: Teaching Toolbox – Service Learning: Teaching, Scholarly Activity, and Service
- February 23; 9:00-10:30 a.m. – STATESBORO: Developing Students’ Argumentation, Analysis, and Synthesis Skills in the Major
- February 27; 9:30-11:00 a.m. – STATESBORO: Teaching Toolbox – Planning for Effective Peer Review
- March 2; 12:00-1:30 p.m. – ARMSTRONG: Fostering Self-Motivated Learners
- March 7; 2:30-4:00 p.m. – STATESBORO: Career Toolbox – Creating a Teaching Portfolio
- March 8; 3:30-5:00 p.m. – STATESBORO: Career Toolbox – Creating a Teaching Portfolio
- March 22; 9:30-11:00 a.m. – STATESBORO: Teaching Toolbox – Fostering Collaboration with Folio Tools
- March 23-24; 8:30-4:00 p.m. – STATESBORO: Writer’s Boot Camp
- April 13; 2:30-4:00 p.m. – STATESBORO: Teaching Toolbox – Student Response Systems for Active Lectures
- April 19; 10:00-11:30 a.m. – STATESBORO: Planning, Documenting, and Demonstrating Teaching Effectiveness: Course Reflections
- May 7-11; 8:30-4:00 p.m. – STATESBORO: Weekend Writer’s Boot Camp
Events open to Graduate Students only are listed in the “For Graduate Students” section of our website.
The CTL offers several multi-session intensive programs. Visit each page to learn more about the available options.
We can also facilitate customized professional development workshops for your department. Please contact us for more information at email@example.com.
*Course Registration Instructions
- Log in to the University Training Site with your Georgia Southern credentials.
- Log in as “Student” NOT “Instructor”.
- Locate the desired course or workshop that you would like to attend and click on the title.
- Click on the “Add to Cart” button. There is no fee attached to these workshops.
- Click on Checkout button.
If you have questions, please contact us at 912.478.0049 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 2/12/2018