Teaching Online Certificate
Contact Peter Berryman
or (912) 478-0049
Two online sessions
- May 14 – June 22: Closed
- June 4 – July 13
The Developing and Teaching Online Courses six-week online workshop prepares faculty to deliver and design online courses. Topics include: the challenges of teaching online, time management strategies, pedagogical models for course delivery and design, facilitating online engagement and quality assurance, plus Web accessibility, copyright law, and academic integrity. Participants typically spend two to three hours each week completing the activities. All course work is completed and submitted online.
This is not a technical workshop on using Folio / Brightspace. If you would like technical training, please see our Folio and technical support resources and workshops.
- Focus your course by using clear and observable learning objectives at the course and module levels
- Align course objectives, assessments, learning activities, instructional materials, and technology to promote student learning
- Scaffold and chunk the learning process in the online environment
- Facilitate online discussions
- Employ strategies to increase teacher presence in your online course
- Use the Quality Matters Rubric to design your online course
Participants who complete all work in the course at a satisfactory level receive a Teaching Online Certificate from the COL.
Deadline: May 11, 2018
Last updated: 5/2/2018