Teaching Online Certificate
Contact Peter Berryman
or (912) 478-0049
Deadline to register: January 24.
- Starts: January 29
- Ends: March 18
- Online workshop is “closed” during Spring Break, March 5–9.
Participants take a six-week online class on online course design and delivery. The course covers basic principles of online course design and delivery, and introduces faculty to the Folio Foundation Course template, which facilitates the process of course design and development. The course lasts for 6 weeks and requires about 2-3 hours per week.
This is not a technical course. Instead it focuses on pedagogy.
- Focus your course by using clear and observable learning objectives at the course and module levels
- Align course objectives, assessments, learning activities, instructional materials, and technology to promote student learning
- Scaffold and chunk the learning process in the online environment
- Facilitate online discussions
- Employ strategies to increase teacher presence in your online course
- Use the Quality Matters Rubric to design your online course
Participants who complete all work in the course at a satisfactory level receive a Teaching Online Certificate from the COL.
Deadline: January 24 is the registration deadline for Spring 2018.
Last updated: 11/13/2017