ServSafe Class and Exam
Dates: Class: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, May 8, 9, 10 & Exam, Friday, May 12, 2017
Location: Georgia Southern University
- Hollis Building – Class – Room 2106
- Hollis Building – Exam – Room 1105
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 8: 00 p.m.
Fee: $75 per person (Class Instruction and Exam Administration) | $25 per person (Exam ONLY!)
Registration Deadline: May 3, 2017
The ServSafe® program blends the latest FDA Food Code, food safety research and years of food sanitation training experience. Students learn to implement essential food safety practices and create a culture of food safety while earning the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification, accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP).
Georgia law requires at least one food service manager on staff to have successfully completed a food safety training program and passed an ANSI-CFP exam. For all new establishments, there is a 90-day grace period to comply with the mandatory manager certification. During this 90-day period, the manager or person in charge must demonstrate food safety knowledge.
- You need the highest standard of food safety training and certification.
- ServSafe classroom training is accepted in all 50 states for regulatory requirements up to 16 hours.
- The ServSafe Program has evolved to meet the most urgent food safety training challenges in our industry.
- ServSafe is a better way to learn. It’s more engaging, for greater comprehension and better application.
- Food safety impacts your customers, your employees, and your business. With so much on the line, the right preparation means everything.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals working in the food preparation and service industry
- Students in Meal Management, Advanced Food Science and Quantity Food Systems classes
* Students must also purchase the required book and exam voucher separately. Please click “Required Book to Purchase” tab for more information.
When registering, you will have the choice to take the class and exam or to take the exam only. If you are registering for the class and exam ($75 fee) then you do not need to register for the exam separately.
ServSafe Exam – 5/12/2017 – Register Now!
Before registering, please read our terms and conditions.
|Becky Larson, MS, RD, is a Clinical Instructor of Nutrition & Food Science at Georgia Southern University, teaching meal management, food systems administration, food science, cultural foods, and basic nutrition courses. Prior to coming to Georgia Southern, she spent 10 years in school nutrition administration, where she was responsible for overseeing 21 schools and nutrition staff, planning menus, and providing nutrition education in the classroom and to the community. She also has experience as an inpatient, outpatient, and home health care dietitian, as well as hospital food service management experience. She has an undergraduate degree in dietetics from Utah State University and a Masters degree in Human Nutrition from Eastern Michigan University.
Required Book to Purchase
ServSafe Coursebook 6th Ed, English
Product: ServSafe Coursebook, English
Exam Type: Online Exam Voucher
Edition: 6th Edition
Food Code: 2013 FDA Food Code
Quantity: Single (1) textbook
Product Sku: CBV6R
Delivering comprehensive training of key food safety concepts, the ServSafe Coursebook is the ideal solution for the academic setting, multiple-day training or individuals in need of more extensive food safety training. The content in ServSafe Coursebook goes beyond the principles found in ServSafe Manager Book and adds greater depth and breadth of food safety practices. The book reflects the latest updates from the 2013 FDA Food Code, new science-based and industry best practices and prepares students for the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Exam.
Meets all requirements: ServSafe classroom training is accepted in all 50 states for regulatory requirements up to 16 hours.
Participants must purchase the online exam voucher before May 12, the day of the exam. Participants must bring their online exam voucher to the exam on May 12 at 5 PM.
Website to purchase book and exam voucher CLICK HERE.
Website to purchase exam voucher only CLICK HERE.
|For ServSafe® Training and Certification Contact