Check back for more courses!
The ServSafe® program blends the latest FDA Food Code, food safety research and years of food sanitation training experience. Students learn to implement essential food safety practices and create a culture of food safety while earning the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification, accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP).
Georgia law requires at least one food service manager on staff to have successfully completed a food safety training program and passed an ANSI-CFP exam. For all new establishments, there is a 90-day grace period to comply with the mandatory manager certification. During this 90-day period, the manager or person in charge must demonstrate food safety knowledge.
- You need the highest standard of food safety training and certification.
- ServSafe classroom training is accepted in all 50 states for regulatory requirements up to 16 hours.
- The ServSafe Program has evolved to meet the most urgent food safety training challenges in our industry.
- ServSafe is a better way to learn. It’s more engaging, for greater comprehension and better application.
- Food safety impacts your customers, your employees and your business. With so much on the line, the right preparation means everything.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals working in the food preparation and service industry
- Students in Meal Management, Advanced Food Science and Quantity Food Systems classes
* Students must also purchase the required book and exam voucher separately. Please click “Required Book to Purchase” tab for more information.
When registering, you will have the choice to take the class and exam or to take the exam only. If you are registering for the class and exam ($75 fee) then you do not need to register for the exam separately.
Check back for more courses!
Click here for more ways to register.
If you must withdraw from a class, please notify the registration office by phone, e-mail, or in person. If you notify the registrar at least five working days prior to the beginning of class, you may:
1. Send another student in your place.
2. Transfer your tuition to another class, provided that the second class occurs within six months of the original one.
3. Receive a tuition refund, less a $25 withdrawal fee.
No tuition refunds or transfers will be made after the class begins.
|Becky Larson, MS, RD, is a Clinical Instructor of Nutrition & Food Science at Georgia Southern University, teaching meal management, food systems administration, food science, cultural foods, and basic nutrition courses. Prior to coming to Georgia Southern, she spent 10 years in school nutrition administration, where she was responsible for overseeing 21 schools and nutrition staff, planning menus, and providing nutrition education in the classroom and to the community. She also has experience as an inpatient, outpatient, and home health care dietitian, as well as hospital food service management experience. She has an undergraduate degree in dietetics from Utah State University and a Masters degree in Human Nutrition from Eastern Michigan University.
Required Book to Purchase
ServSafe Coursebook 6th Ed, English
Please purchase prior to first day of classes
Website to purchase book & exam voucher CLICK HERE.
Website to purchase exam voucher only CLICK HERE.
|For ServSafe® Training and Certification Contact