ABOUT THE GOLDEN AWARD
Honoring the memory of Dorothy Golden, Georgia Southern University Assistant Professor Emerita, the Golden Award recognizes dedication to teaching excellence in first-year composition or the preparation of students for first-year composition. One award is given annually by the Department of Writing and Linguistics at Georgia Southern University.
|GOLDEN AWARD REQUIREMENTS
To nominate a colleague for The Golden Award, please first verify that you and your colleague can meet the requirements for receiving the award:
1. The person you nominate must be a high school or college instructor who has been teaching in the field for at least five years.
2. If selected for the award, the person you nominate attend the award ceremony. The award is announced during the Keynote Address portion of the Student Success in Writing Conference on Friday, April 4, 2014. Winners are notified in advance.
GOLDEN AWARD NOMINATIONS
To submit a nomination, please email the following information as a Microsoft Word or pdf. attachment to both of the conference co-chairs, Nan Lobue at email@example.com and Peggy Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Nominee name
2. Nominee’s email and phone number
3. Nominee’s job title/position and institution
4. Number of years in the discipline (5 years minimum)
5. Subjects and levels taught
6. Name, title, email and phone number of principal or department chair
7. Your name
8. Your relationship to the nominee (colleague, supervisor, teacher, student, etc.)
9. Supporting letter: Please explain your reasons for nominating this person by addressing how he or she meets the following criteria:
a. Excellence in quality of instruction (please describe specific techniques, approaches, and qualities which make this person’s instruction in first year writing and/or in preparing students for first year writing outstanding).
b. Significant contribution to the nominee’s school (please describe other specific contributions the nominee makes that help students succeed in first year writing).