June 8-11, 2016
Hosted by The College of Education,Georgia Southern University
In Partnership with Continuing Education, Georgia Southern University
The Curriculum Studies Summer Collaborative will be an annual gathering of diverse individuals within and beyond the field of Curriculum Studies. The Collaborative was developed to promote dialogue and cooperative action among established and emerging curriculum scholars. It is a process-oriented, generative space intended to support the work of the field. The Collaborative seeks to:
- Forge connections between established and emerging scholars, practitioners, and graduate students with many backgrounds, associations, and roles.
- Establish a space for the planning, development, and ongoing renewal of collaborative projects and proposals.
- Promote mentoring and professional development opportunities for graduate students and early career scholars.
- Provide a conference opportunity for classroom teachers who are unable to travel during the traditional academic year.
CSSC Planning Council Georgia Southern University
- Julie Garlen (Co-Chair), Associate Professor, Department of Teaching and Learning
- Daniel Chapman (Co-Chair), Associate Professor, Department of Curriculum, Reading, and Foundations
- Ming Fang He, Professor, Department of Curriculum, Reading, and Foundations
- William Reynolds, Associate Professor, Department of Curriculum, Reading, and Foundations
- Robert Lake, Associate Professor, Department of Curriculum, Reading, and Foundations
- Sabrina Ross, Associate Professor, Department of Curriculum, Reading, and Foundations
- James C. Jupp, Assistant Professor, Department of Teaching and Learning
Your registration fee includes 3 days of sessions, conference materials, refreshment breaks, receptions and continuing education credits. All registration fees must be paid in full at least (1) week prior to the first day of the conference.
Regular Registration: $165
Late Registration: $195
Student/Grad fee: $95
Late Student: $125
On site fee: $195
1-day fee: $100
Early Registration Deadline: 5/27/2016
Faculty Member Conference Fee Discount
Bring 5 PAID Graduate Students and receive one FREE Faculty Registration
All group registrations should be faxed in as a group at one time to 912.478.0847Students must be enrolled in at least 3 semester hours or provide proof of registration for FALL or SPRING semester to receive the student registration rate. Registration form must be accompanied by a statement to that effect signed by a faculty member. Faculty signature for full-time graduate students required.
For special assistance, please request accommodation needs at least 14 working days in advance of the program.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refund requests must be received by 6/5/2016 to ensure refund. A $25 administrative fee will be deducted. Substitutions are suggested instead of cancellations. No refunds are given to registrants who fail to withdraw prior to June 5, 2016.
Download a printable registration form here.
201 West Bay Street
Savannah, Georgia 31401
King Suite: $189/night
2 Queens: $189/night
Cut off Date: May 6, 2016
Reserve Online! Or book by calling 1-877-834-3613
NOTE: In order to obtain conference room rate please enter dates of conference within reservation web page.
For Curriculum Studies Summer Collaborative Conference Contact
Program Specialist – CEIT, COSM, COE, and Customized/Contract Training
Office: Nessmith-Lane Conference Center, Room 1821
Phone: (912) 478-1821
*Please note, payment must be received by the deadline date indicated or you will be billed for balance.
$150 – Exhibitor Package (includes beverage break, lunch, (1) 6-foot table with chair)
$50 – Each additional table
$25 – Take one table
$500 – Sponsorship Package (1 free registration, front cover listing on program)
Download Exhibitor Registration Form Here.