1. How can we help you?
What if I have a question that is not on this list?
I want to talk to a staff member about…
If you have a question about a specific program, the staff contact is usually listed on that program’s contact page. Or contact us by phone at 912.478.5551 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff and faculty contact information is available through the University’s online directory or go directly to our staff page under About Us.
What is the Division of Continuing Education’s address and phone number?
- Division of Continuing Education
PO Box 8124
Georgia Southern University
Statesboro, GA 30460-8124
How do I register for a class?
- You can register five ways: by mail, by telephone, by fax, in person, or online. Choose the method that’s most convenient for you.
Can I register on the day of the course?
- Nearly all of our programs require advance registration, so walk-in registration and payment is not an option.
When is the last day to register?
- Programs should have registration deadlines included on their webpage, but feel free to call 912.478.5551 to find out about late registration. Some of our conferences and classes are limited in size, so early registration is always recommended.
Do I have to pay for my course when I register?
- Yes, all course fees must be made at the time of registration unless stated otherwise on the course webpage. The only exception is if your employer submits a registration form with a purchase order number so we can invoice your firm.
I would like to register and pay with a credit card. Which cards do you accept?
- The Division of Continuing Education is only authorized to accept credit cards from VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER CARD and AMERICAN EXPRESS. You may register online through our secure server, call us with your card number, or include the credit card number when you mail or fax a registration form.
What options do I have other than credit cards?
- We also accept checks made payable to Georgia Southern University or purchase orders.
How can my employer pay with a purchase order?
- Please fax the registration form, including the purchase order number, to 912.478.0847. Payment is due within 30 days of receiving the invoice, following standard business practices.
Can I get HOPE Scholarship funding for Continuing Education courses?
- Not unless the course is a credit course. We do not have any credit courses in our Continuing Education catalog at the moment.
How much does the program cost?
- Fees for each course are listed with the course description. Some programs have early-bird fees and/or group discount rates.
How do I get a copy of my bill?
- Call the Division of Continuing Education at 912.478.5551.
3. Cancellations, Refunds, Substitutions
What if I need to cancel before the class starts?
- To cancel a course and receive a full refund, submit your cancellation in writing (mail, fax, or email email@example.com at least three weeks prior to the course. For cancellation less than three weeks before the course starts, call the registration desk directly at 912.478.5551. Refunds, minus a cancellation fee, will be issued up to one week before the start date of most programs. Registration fees may be transferred to future courses in some cases. Some classes or conferences have a slightly different refund policy, so please visit the program webpage or see the printed program flyer to see if there are any variations from our standard policy above. In most cases, you may send a substitute participant so long as we are given at least 48 hours’ advance notice. Special discounts that applied to you may not apply to your substitute.
What happens if I drop out of a course?
- If you do not attend the course without notification you are not eligible to receive a refund. Please refer to the course refund policy for more details.
What happens if the Division of Continuing Education cancels a program?
- We reserve the right to cancel programs as necessary. If this happens, you will be notified by email, mail, or phone. We will be glad to refund your payment or you may transfer your registration to another program.
4. Directions and Hotels
Where are programs offered? How do I get there and where do I park?
- Most of our programs are held at the Nessmith-Lane Center in Statesboro, the Coastal Georgia Center in Savannah or online. There are free-to-participants parking lots at both sites. The location of each program or conference is provided on the program’s website. If you cannot find a link to directions, please call us at 912.478.5551.
I missed the deadline to register at the conference hotel to get the group rate. Is there anything I can do?
- Contact us at 912.478.5551 and we will try to help!
How can I find my way around Savannah?
Are there hotels nearby?
- For multi-day conferences, we have already identified one or several conference hotels, with discounted room blocks for those making early reservations. Please visit the conference webpage for details.
5. Credit or Non-Credit
I want to get a college degree. Can you give me advice, help me with the application process, etc?
- No, we’re a different unit within the University. For information about degree programs, visit the Prospective Students page.
Can I transfer the credits I earn though the Division of Continuing Education toward a degree in an undergraduate or graduate/professional program at Georgia Southern University?
- Currently, all our programs are non-credit, so none can be applied toward completing a credited degree program.
How do I obtain a transcript to prove I took a Division of Continuing Education course?
- You may request a Division of Continuing Education course transcript by calling 912.478.5551. Be prepared to provide your contact information before transcript(s) can be mailed.
Will the Division of Continuing Education courses appear on my college transcript?
- No. Non-credit classes do not become part of your official University transcript.
What are Continuing Education Credits (CEU’s)?
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) are nationally recognized units of achievement that are used as evidence of increased technical competence. (You earn 1 CEU for every ten hours of class.)
What is a Certificate of Completion?
- Most of our professional courses and conferences provide a certified Georgia Southern University document that serves as proof that you completed the course material.
6. I Have Another Question
What is The Division of Continuing Education?
- Division of Continuing Education at Georgia Southern University provides non-credit professional and personal development courses and programs covering a wide range of topics from certification classes to conferences to summer camps.
Who teaches programs offered through Continuing Education?
- Depending on the topic, we employ faculty members from our academic departments or professionals who are qualified to teach programs on those topics. Conferences committees review and choose presentation topics and presenters.
Can you schedule specialized training at our firm or elsewhere for our company’s employees
I’m a representative of a company and I would like to exhibit at an upcoming conference. How do I go about doing that?
- Contact the Division of Continuing Education at 912.478.5555 for the necessary paperwork and requirements for any specific conference.
What is included in the registration fee?
- Your registration fee includes course handouts and may include beverage breaks. Please see each course description for a complete list of what is included in the registration fee.
What kind of professional credit is available?
- Please refer to the course descriptions for available credit.
I’m registered, now what?
- We do not provide a written confirmation letter, so please include your e-mail address and telephone number in case there are any changes in the course schedule.
Last updated: 4/15/2016