Welcome to the Division of Continuing Education!
Our division serves as the educational link between the University’s nationally recognized academic resources and the community, in delivering lifelong learning programs. We provide a variety of programs designed to improve the skills of the workforce, enhance societal and cultural understanding, facilitate healthy lifestyles and constructive use of leisure time, and address personal development and enrichment needs.
The mission of the Division of Continuing Education is to support Georgia Southern University’s commitment to advance the State of Georgia by offering a variety of programs, and Academic Affairs’ commitment to extend the learning environment beyond the classroom to promote life success. We also provide Statesboro, Savannah, and surrounding communities with technologically advanced meeting, classroom, and conference facilities and personalized conference management services.
Guided by these commitments, our division has established the following vision:
- Bias for Action: to demonstrate initiative by anticipating and preparing for client needs and to demonstrate a “can do” attitude by responding positively to the needs of our customers.
- Accuracy: to have thoroughness in work and put forth effort to maximize productivity.
- Client-Centeredness: to listen and act by understanding the client’s point of view, treat the client with the utmost respect, and be self-aware (monitor any negativity or foreseen problems and prevent it from affecting the services we provide).
- Accountability: to take ownership of our client promises, and make sure the ball does not get dropped.
- Professional Development: to pursue goals that we have set for ourselves. We are constantly looking for ways to better ourselves and our services to serve our clients in the best way possible.
We strive, at the Division of Continuing Education, to exceed your expectations. Please browse our various offerings, and we look forward to partnering with you to Accomplish More.
Belkis Torres-Capeles, Ph.D.
Executive Director and Assistant Professor
Division of Continuing Education
Last updated: 11/6/2015