The mission of the Division of Continuing Education is to support Georgia Southern University’s commitment to advance the State of Georgia and the region through offering a variety of outreach programs and Academic Affairs’ commitment to extend the learning environment beyond the classroom and promote life success. Guided by these commitments, the Division of Continuing Education will serve as the educational liaison between the academic colleges and administrative units at Georgia Southern University and our constituents (citizens, companies, governmental units, non-profit agencies, and professional organizations) of this region, state, nation, and world in delivering lifelong learning opportunities and will provide Statesboro, Savannah, and surrounding communities with technologically advanced meeting, classroom and conference facilities.
CONTINUING EDUCATION provides information and opportunities to enroll in our professional and personal development offerings or to make use of our excellent facilities in Statesboro and Savannah, Ga. The mission of the Division of Continuing Education is to serve as the educational liaison between the academic colleges and administrative units at Georgia Southern University and our constituents – citizens, companies, governmental units, non-profit agencies and professional organizations – of this region, state, nation and world in delivering lifelong learning opportunities.
The Division’s diverse course offerings include:
- Non-credit online and face-to-face classes designed to promote personal and professional development solutions.
- Conference service offerings to meet re-certification or credentialing needs.
- Innovative, mobile and agile solution services to meet the professional and workforce development needs of businesses (small and large), non-profit organizations and governmental agencies.
The Division offers two premier, technologically advanced meeting facilities:
- The Nessmith-Lane Conference Center, the Division’s Statesboro home, is a popular choice for meetings and events and hosts a variety of conferences, seminars, summer camps, weddings and meetings.
- The Coastal Georgia Center (CGC), located in historic Savannah, Ga., offers a site well-equipped for professional development offerings and conferences. In addition, the Coastal Georgia Center offers free parking for 150 vehicles and office space that can serve as a temporary home for businesses wishing to locate in Savannah.
- Both facilities offer the ability for teleconference meetings.
Through our conference services area, we work closely with the academic colleges and other professional associations to manage and promote all of the activities associated with providing you with Professional Learning Units (PLUs) or Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to meet re-certification requirements. We also have licensing agreements with organizations such as the National Association of Social Workers, Georgia State Board of Nursing Home Administrators, Georgia Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Licensed Professional Counselors of Georgia and Peace Officers Standards and Training.
Through our solution services area, our primary focus is delivering customized non-academic credit, professional development and certificate training to businesses and organizations in our region. In addition, we provide workforce development courses to support lifelong learning, continuing education and career enhancement. Our long-range vision is to be able to “provide professional training virtually anywhere in the world.” Through innovation, mobility and agility, we will strive to think creatively, respond quickly and be flexible in meeting your needs. We work in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), The Fiber Optic Association (FOA) and HR Certification Institute (HRCI).